Long Exposure Portrait project

OlafSiebert

Long Exposure Portrait project

Post by OlafSiebert »

A first post to introduce myself: an ex-weekend wedding warrior gone amateur. I've done over 300 weddings with couples from six continents. All lovely, but in the end I realized that photography should be my passion, not my bread. Happily I enjoy my regular work.

So, with photography as a pure hobby, I can shoot for myself, what I want, what I like. Still though, present awareness of social media makes people very very conscious about theirselves, resulting in more editing then I would like to: I prefer people to show them as they are, however, reality is sometimes not what someone wants.

Anyway, some years ago I started a project taking long exposure portraits. My sitter should be still for several seconds while my camera captured him/her. Gear was simple: a tripod, a sigma dp3m and a variable ND filter. Processing with SFEX. By now, I have over 200 portraits, some sharp, some less sharp. At the moment the project is halted. Covid-19 caused me to keep a break, but I'm eager to start again.

Below, my very first portrait of the project. Meet Denis, 6 seconds exposure.
Attachments
T001_Denis_OlafSiebert.JPG
Joel
Owner/Admin

Re: Long Exposure Portrait project

Post by Joel »

Great portrait Olaf, and welcome!
Joel Tjintjelaar - admin/owner
https://www.bwvision.com/
fotorene

Post by fotorene »

A very interesting project Olaf. Wondering about the added value of long exposure at portrait photography I took a view on your site. And there I found the answer. Not only in your explanation but more in the impressive view of especially Vladimir, Davor and Gabrijela. Respect!
OlafSiebert

Post by OlafSiebert »

Thanks Rene. Appreciate the fact you checked out my site! :D :D