Developing Photos sent in by forum members.

John Pettett

Re: Developing Photos sent in by forum members.

Post by John Pettett »

I do have an image I could submit although I'm a bit nervous about going first. But there are some practical considerations.
  • The file is 158MB. What is best mechanism for uploading/downloading?
  • Can the Board handle the volume? All the submitted versions will amount gigabytes.
  • Do we need a separate section for this project and separate sub-sections for each image?
  • Would you like to look at this file first Joel?
Joel
Owner/Admin

Post by Joel »

John

Let me get back to this as to what the filesize should be and the other questions. Perhaps share it via WeTransfer or Dropbox? I'm not sure how much this forum can handle.
I can surely take a look at it but hope others will do so too.
Joel Tjintjelaar - admin/owner
https://www.bwvision.com/
John Pettett

Post by John Pettett »

Joel
I've sent the file (just over 1GB) via We Transfer to [email protected]
Joel
Owner/Admin

Post by Joel »

John,

You can put large files here on this forum without any issues, the capacity is unlimited. But to keep it clean/lean/mean I will clean up the larger files after a specific period of time. I mean, at some point everyone has had a chance to download and edit the image. I've received your image and it would be nice if others have the chance to have a look at it as well and perhaps give their own take on it. So please put the files in this subforum if you want: viewforum.php?f=91, with the jpg file and description in the post (this then becomes the discussion thread to comment, review, etc.) and then attach the large tif or psd file in a separate post so it's easy to remove it later without disrupting the thread/discussion. For this purpose I created a new folder where you can add your large files: viewforum.php?f=90
John Pettett

Post by John Pettett »

In case you didn't notice, but Joel created two new forums in the B&W FINE-ART PHOTOGRAPHY section. One is called 'Users Processing Forum: TIFF and PSD files. It is for placing a link to a PSD or TIFF file for anybody to download and work on as has been discussed above. The second forum is for a jpg and creative statement of your finished interpretation. In addition, anyone can add further comments and comparisons in that second forum.
I have posted an image which I hope is to everyone's liking. I'm really looking forward to seeing other interpretations.
Regards,
John
bobbyl

Post by bobbyl »

Hi
Regarding posting the picture do you do it here on this forum.
Joel
Owner/Admin

Post by Joel »

bobbyl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 pm Hi
Regarding posting the picture do you do it here on this forum.
Bobby, the jpg images can be placed here: viewforum.php?f=91 and the link to the tif or psd file here: viewforum.php?f=90