sky replacement

Any topic regarding the panel.
beachhead

sky replacement

Post by beachhead »

Hi there is there a link to where the best workflow technics on masking trees in the sky
Joel
Owner/Admin

Re: sky replacement

Post by Joel »

Hi,

The idea that there is just one best workflow/technique for masking is entirely wrong. As I've explained in my Advanced Masking video tutorial, the best technique depends on the type of image, the available contrast, available unique colors per plane and the complexity/intricacy of the object to mask. If you want to know more then I would recommend obtaining my video tutorial https://www.bwvision.com/advanced-masking-video/ which, I have to emphasize, only shows you what the best method/workflow is for a specific image.
PS: I would like to request, and not only to you, to always state your name if you ask questions or participate otherwise in this forum. Just by looking at the username I can't make out who's who.

Joel Tjintjelaar
Admin Forum
Joel Tjintjelaar - admin/owner
https://www.bwvision.com/
beachhead

Post by beachhead »

Thanks a lot, Joel Ill take a look at that link, sorry my name is Graeme Gordon
beachhead

Post by beachhead »

Hi there Joel may have missed a step but following along with your video a(TREE) at the step where you make an alpha channel and invert then go on to load the lights channel and then click on D4 Smart Linear - Default it just jumps from the alpha channel to the RGB channels. Sorry if this is basic
Joel
Owner/Admin

Post by Joel »

Graeme,

If you stand on the alpha channel and no other channel is selected (highlighted) or has the 'eyeball' turned on, then it can't jump to the RGB channels. So make sure you're standing on the correct alpha channel and that only that alpha channel has the 'eyeball' turned on.

BTW: you're talking about the smart linear preset. That is the preset under Advanced Adjustments and those aren't meant for channels, only for layers. Whenever you're working in channels/masks you have to use the Pro Tools presets (normal or selective adjustments). I'm sure I never used the Advanced Adjustments for masking in the videos.
beachhead

Post by beachhead »

I don't seem to have a Pro Tools in the BW Artisan Pro X panel BWVision 2019 - v1.1.0 which would seem to be the issue I wanted to insert a screenshot
Joel
Owner/Admin

Post by Joel »

beachhead wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:22 am I don't seem to have a Pro Tools in the BW Artisan Pro X panel BWVision 2019 - v1.1.0 which would seem to be the issue I wanted to insert a screenshot
Graeme,

That's an old version you have there - we released a few free updates in November 2019 and in May 2020. The latest free update is v1.3.0. We've informed all Artisan users back then to update their software for free to the latest version via email. Our emails must have landed in your spam folder or you may have simply missed it. To be sure to always receive our emails add [email protected] to your contact list.
If you send me an email, I will pick it up myself and send you the latest free version. Or you could go for the upgrade (paid) to Artisan Pro X 2021.

Joel
beachhead

Post by beachhead »

Ill upgrade love your work thanks, Joel

Graeme