Acrylic Prints

Tiltshift77

Acrylic Prints

Post by Tiltshift77 »

Hello, looking for input on printing a black and white image created with the artisan pro panel using the figure/ground principal.
This will be a cityscape panorama 20x60.
I was thinking of having it printed on acrylic. The company I am looking at prints directly onto the back of the acrylic sheet, then adds a white backing. The result is very glossy.
My concern is how the water will come out. I’ve used the reflective gradient so it has that glow to it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
Joel
Owner/Admin

Re: Acrylic Prints

Post by Joel »

Matt, Perhaps I misunderstand your question but I don't see what a compositional principle like the figure/ground principle has to do with how the water comes out on an acrylic print? Or for that matter how the use of the reflective gradient will affect how the water comes out on acrylic? Are you asking how the water comes out using the panel, or using the reflective gradient tool or are you asking how the water comes out when printed on acrylic? I can answer the first 2 but I can't answer the latter. How the water comes out with the panel depends on how well you use the panel. The panel only determines the technique used, not the effect, that's up to the user. And how the water comes out using the reflective gradient tool depends on how well you apply that. But that's not related to what material you print it on.
Apologies if I completely miss the point but the question isn't very clear.
Joel Tjintjelaar - admin/owner
https://www.bwvision.com/
Tiltshift77

Re: Acrylic Prints

Post by Tiltshift77 »

Hi Joel, thanks for the reply. Looking back at my question, it really isn’t clear, haha.

I guess it was more of a 2 part question. I was just wondering if anyone has printed an image or had any thoughts on using your style of post processing and having the image printed on acrylic. Your work seems to be printed on more of a matte paper, and looks awesome, so just wondering what the glossy finish will look like.

For the water, my concern was that it already has a soft white glow to it, and didn’t know if the acrylic would accentuate that and make it look blown out.

Perhaps I could post the photo in the panel gallery so you can see what I’m talking about.

Thanks again,

Matt